How to open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 10
The Command Prompt is an essential component of any Windows operating system, and version 10 is no exception. Using it, you can control the OS, its functions and its constituent elements by entering and executing various commands, but many of them require administrator rights to be executed. Therefore, in this article, I'll show you how to open and use The Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
Method 1: Use Search
- Press the key combination Win + S to open the search.
- Enter "cmd" into the search box (or start typing "Command Prompt").
- Right click on the found application and select "Run as administrator".
- Done, you can use the Command Prompt.
Method 2: Use the Start Menu
- Press the Win + X keys on your keyboard.
- In the menu that appears, select "Command Prompt (Admin)".
Method 3: Use the Run command windowThere is also an easier way to run the Command Prompt as Administrator than those discussed above. It consists in using the system utility "Run".
- Press "Win + R" on the keyboard to open the utility.
- Enter "cmd" in the search box. Press the "Ctrl + Shift" keys and, without releasing them, press "Enter" on the keyboard.
- Done, as you can see the Command Prompt is running with administrator rights.
Method 4: Use Executable file cmd.exeThe Command Prompt is a regular Windows program (cmd.exe file) and can be run like any other program. It's located on the system drive in the Windows/System32 and Windows/SysWOW64 folders (for 32-bit versions of Windows and for 64-bit versions, respectively).
- Follow this path using the file explorer. In my case, I have a 64 bit version, so I use this path "C:\Windows\SysWOW64".
- Use the search and find the cmd.exe file in this folder.
- Right-click on the found file and click "Run as administrator".
Now you know 4 ways to run the Command Prompt with admin rights, just choose any you like. If you have any questions, I am waiting for you in the comments.