Fix "GTA San Andreas requires at least DirectX 9 or above" error in Windows 10
DirectX is a must-have program, without which it is impossible to launch and stable operation of most apps and video games. Some older video games (including GTA: San Andreas) require DirectX 9.0 to be installed. Very often it comes bundled with the game, but sometimes you have to install it yourself.
"GTA San Andreas requires at least DirectX 9 or above" error appears in the vast majority of cases only on Windows 10, in which DirectX 9 doesn't work by default. Or rather, it's not active. Therefore, to fix the error, we need to enable it.
Fix DirectX 9 error in GTA San Andreas | SAMP
- Open the Start menu and search for the Control Panel.
- Go to the "Programs and Features" section.
- In the left menu click on "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Then scroll down the list and find "Legacy Components", expand it and check the box next to "DirectPlay".
- Restart your computer and check if GTA: SA and SAMP are working.
In this case, it is safe to say that your Windows lacks DirectX 9 components. Therefore, the missing components can be installed manually.
To do this we need a utility from Microsoft called "DirectX End-User Runtime", which contains all the necessary components to run old games.
You can download it from here: Download "DirectX End-User Runtime"I hope this information helped you and the problem was solved successfully. But if the problem is not resolved, please write about it in the comments so that I can find new ways to solve this problem.