How to check the CPU temperature in Windows 10
Ways to view the temperature of the CPU in Windows 10Windows 10, unfortunately, contains only one component in its standard tools, with which you can view the processor temperature. But despite this, there are also special programs that can provide the user with this information. Let's consider the most popular ones.
Method 1: AIDA64AIDA64 is a powerful application with a simple and convenient interface that allows you to find out almost everything about the state of a personal computer. Despite the paid license, this program is one of the best options for collecting information about all PC components.
You can find out the processor temperature using AIDA64 by following these steps:
- Download and install the free version of the program (there are paid advanced versions).
- In the main menu of the program, click on the "Computer" item and select the "Sensors".
- View information about the CPU temperature.
Method 2: CPUID HWMonitorHWMonitor is another free program. The main functionality is to provide information about the characteristics of the PC and the state of all its hardware components, including temperature sensors.
- Download the program and run it.
- In the main window of the program, find the line with your processor, and see its temperature just below.
Method 3: SpeccySpeccy is a free program that allows you to find out the temperature of the processor and other components in Windows 10 in just a few clicks.
- Run the program.
- Select "CPU" in the tab on the left and see the information you need.
Method 4: Using windows 10 built-in tools (PowerShell)PowerShell is the only way to find out the CPU temperature using the built-in tools of Windows 10, but not all versions of the operating system support it.
- You need to hold down "Win + R" and in the "Run" window enter powershell, and then click OK.
- In the window that opens, enter the following command:
This method does not work in all versions of Windows 10. It is also worth mentioning that PowerShell displays temperatures in Kelvin times 10.
get-wmiobject msacpi_thermalzonetemperature -namespace "root/wmi"
Regular use of any of these methods of monitoring the state of the PC processor will allow you to avoid breakdowns and, accordingly, the cost of buying new equipment.