How to remove temporary files on Windows 10
Method 1: Removing temporary files with standard Windows 10 toolsYou can clean your PC of unnecessary elements using the standard Windows 10 tools, for example, "Storage" or "Disk Cleanup". To delete such objects using "Storage" follow the next set of steps.
- Press the key combination "Win + I" or go to "Start" - "Settings".
- In the window that opens, click on "System".
- Then click on "Storage".
- In the "Storage" window, select the disk to clean up, and click on "Temporary files".
- Wait for the analysis to complete. Select which temporary files you want to delete and click "Remove".
- Go to "File Explorer", and then in the window "This PC" right-click on the hard drive.
- Click on "Properties".
- Click on the "Disk Cleanup" button.
- Check the box next to "Temporary files" and click "OK".
- Click "Delete Files" and wait while the utility frees up disk space.
Method 2: Removing temporary files with CCleanerCCleaner is a popular utility that allows you to easily and safely get rid of temporary and unused items. To delete such objects using this program, follow these steps:
- Download CCleaner from the official site and install it. Run the program.
- In the "Custom Clean" section, find the "System" tab, check the box next to "Temporary files".
- Then click the "Analyze" button.
- After collecting information about the deleted data, click the "Run Cleaner" button.
- Wait for cleaning to finish and close CCleaner.