How to hide files and folders on Windows 10
How to hide files and folders on Windows 10There are several ways to hide directories: using special programs or using standard Windows tools. Each of these methods has its own advantages. A clear advantage of special programs is its ease of use and the ability to set additional parameters for hidden folders, for example, setting a password for a folder.
Method 1: Hide folders using standard system tools.
- Open "File Explorer" and find the directory you want to hide.
- Right-click on the folder and select Properties.
- In the "Attributes" section, check the box next to "Hidden" and click OK.
- In the "Confirm Attributes Changes" window, click on the checkbox next to "Apply changes to this folder, sub-folders and files". Confirm your actions by clicking "OK".
Method 2: Hide folders using the command line.
- Open "Command line". To do this, hold down the "Win + R" keys and enter the "cmd" command in the field.
- In the window that opens, enter the command
ATTRIB +h [path to the folder]
- Press the Enter button.