How to uninstall Java from Windows 10
Method 1: Java Uninstall ToolThe easiest and most convenient way to remove Java from your computer once and for all is to use a special utility developed by Oracle.
- Follow the link above. Find and click the "I agree to the terms and want to continue" button.
- After the download is complete, go to the folder with the downloaded file and run it as administrator.
- In the start window of the utility, click on the "Agree" button.
- After that, a warning will appear stating that only the newest version of Java has been found on the computer. Click Yes.
- In this window, you will need to select the version to be uninstalled. As a rule, there should be only one item in the list - check it and click "Next".
- Next, you will be prompted to delete the Java related applications cache. Click Yes.
- Wait for a while while the utility removes Java. When finished, click “Close” to close the application and restart your computer.
- Done! Java is completely removed from your computer. We recommend using this method, since the utility also removes traces of Java from the system registry, which is not always possible to achieve with manual removal.
Method 2: Manual removalIf for some reason it is impossible to use the utility mentioned above, you can uninstall Java manually by using the solutions available in the system.
- Open "Windows Settings" with the keyboard shortcut Win+I, and select the "Apps" category.
- You can select the software you need manually from the list or use the search bar at the top.
- Click on Java and click on the Uninstall button. Confirm the removal of the program.