Change TTL value in Windows 10
1. First, we need to run a special utility by holding down the "Win+R" keys. In the input field, enter regedit, then click OK. So we get into the Registry Editor.
2. Go to the directory using this path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
To do this, insert this path into the line at the top, or find the directory in the drop-down list on the right.
3. In this directory you need to create a parameter, for this, right-click on the empty region (shown in the screenshot), click on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Give it a name - DefaultTTL. Next click on it twice to change the properties of the parameter.
5. Choose "Decimal". And enter the necessary TTL in my case 65. After that, click OK.
Check TTL on Windows 10
After we close the registry editor, and be sure to restart the computer.
Next, we need to check the correct installation of TTL. To do this, open the utility "Win+R" again, then enter cmd. In the window that opens, enter ping localhost and press enter.
As a result, we see that TTL has changed.